CAKE Syrup Pool
PancakeSwap now offers one CAKE Syrup Pool with two staking options: flexible staking or fixed-term staking. Note that the Auto CAKE, IFO CAKE, and Manual CAKE pools will be retired upon the launch of the new CAKE Syrup Pool with flexible and fixed-term staking. Keep reading on to learn more!
*Note that actual values will vary
With both, you can simply stake your CAKE tokens to earn more CAKE tokens with no deposit fees. Flexible staking allows users to stake CAKE and earn rewards with the ability to unstake whenever they please. Fixed-term staking allows users to maximise their yield and earn even more CAKE by locking their staked CAKE for a period of time they choose, earning a linearly boosted yield compared to flexible staking.
Flexible staking and fixed-term staking are both part of the same pool to allow users easy migration between the two staking options. However, when you do fixed-term staking, there is an option to perform flexible CAKE staking on the side.
Stake your CAKE and forget about it! CAKE rewards will be automatically distributed and included in your staking balance, minus a small fee (same as the old Auto CAKE Syrup Pool).
If you have CAKE staked in flexible staking
- ✅ Add more CAKE to flexible staking
- ✅ Harvest rewards any time
- ✅ Withdraw any time (fees apply for the first 72 hours, see below)
- ✅ Convert all staked CAKE in flexible to fixed-term staking
- ❌ Add CAKE to fixed-term staking if you have any CAKE in flexible staking
- ❌ Convert part of the staked CAKE in flexible to fixed-term staking
- 0.1% if you unstake (withdraw) within 72 hours.
- Only applies within 3 days of manually staking.
- After 3 days, you can unstake with no fee.
- The 3-day timer resets every time you manually stake more CAKE in the pool.
- This fee only applies to manual unstaking: it does not apply to automatic compounding.
- 2%, subtracted automatically from each yield harvest.
- For example, if the harvest were 1 CAKE, then 0.02 CAKE would be subtracted as the performance fee.
The CAKE collected via the unstaking fee and performance fee is burned every week as part of the regular CAKE token burns.
This is a good thing for CAKE holders because it reduces the overall amount of CAKE tokens in existence, which helps reduce inflation.
Stake your CAKE for a fixed amount of time to maximise yields and receive additional benefits! CAKE rewards will be locked along with the staked CAKE until the staking duration ends.
- No performance fees
- The longer you lock, the higher the boost applied to the yield! Always offering a higher yield compared to flexible staking!
- CAKE rewards will unlock, along with your staked CAKE, when your lock duration expires
- Once staked in fixed-term staking, you cannot withdraw until the end of your lock duration.
If you have CAKE locked in fixed-term staking
- ✅ Add more CAKE to lock
- ✅ Extend the lock period
- ✅ Perform flexible staking on the side
- ❌ Harvest rewards
- ❌ Withdraw before the lock ends
*page updated on: 2022-12-05