Using PancakeSwap without Centralized Exchanges
You don't need an account with Binance, Coinbase, Kraken, Huobi, OKEx or any other centralized exchange to start using PancakeSwap!
PancakeSwap is a decentralized application. That means, unlike Binance or other centralized platforms, you don't need to register account to use it... you just need a crypto wallet. So how can you get crypto onto PancakeSwap without using a centralized exchange?
In this tutorial, we're going to guide you through the process of using "cross-chain bridges" to transfer your assets into your BNB Smart Chain wallet, and start using PancakeSwap.
You can use a variety of different cross-chain bridges to transfer tokens from Ethereum or other networks, onto BNB Smart Chain.
In the following tutorials, we are going to demonstrate moving USDT from a variety of different blockchains to BNB Smart Chain, using three different cross-chain bridges.
🥞🌉 Pancake Bridge (recommanded)
This bridge allows you to seamlessly move your stablecoins over to BNB Chain, and participate in the lively PancakeSwap Community and wider BNB Ecosystem!
Let's try moving USDT from Polygon (MATIC) blockchain to BSC using AnySwap.
- 1.Prepare your Polygon (MATIC) wallet with USDT and some MATIC for gas.
- 2.Since AnySwap only supports MetaMask, OKEx Wallet and Coin98 Wallet. If you are using other wallet apps, we recommend you to import your wallet into MetaMask.
- 4.Connect your wallet and switch your network to Polygon (MATIC) Mainnet.
- 5.Select USDT on MATIC mainnet as "From", and USDT on BSC mainnet as "To". Then type in the amount of USDT you want to transfer.
- 6.Click "Approve USDT" to approve your USDT.
- 7.Additionally if you want AnySwap to deposit your USDT into another BSC address. Please use the "+ Send To" button.
- 8.Click "Swap" and complete your final cross-chain transactions.
- 9.The entire process will take around 10-30 minutes to complete depends on how congested the network is.
- 10.Once finished. You should receive your fund in your BSC wallet. Now you can start using PancakeSwap to swap some tokens on BNB Smart Chain!
⚠️ O3 Swap is in beta. Please trade at your own risk.
Let's try using O3 Hub to moving USDT from ERC-20 blockchain to BNB Smart Chain.
- 1.Prepare your ERC-20 (Ethereum Mainnet) wallet with USDT and some ETH for gas.
- 2.Since O3 Hub only supports MetaMask and O3 Wallet. If you are using other wallet apps, we recommend you to import your wallet into MetaMask.
- 4.Connect your MetaMask or O3 wallet for both ETH and BSC. And switch your network in MetaMask to Ethereum Mainnet.
- 5.Select ERC-20 USDT as “You pay”, and BEP-20 USDT as "You will receive". Then type in the amount of USDT you want to transfer.
- 6.Double check the “To” field is showing the correct BNB Smart Chain wallet address you’ve connected.
- 7.Make sure everything is correct. Click "Swap".
- 8.Follow the on-screen instructions to approve your USDT, and complete the final cross-chain transaction.
- 9.The entire process will take around 10-30 minutes to complete depends on how congested the network is. You can keep track of the progress on history tab.
- 10.Once finished. You should receive your funds in your BSC wallet. Now you can start using PancakeSwap to swap some tokens on BNB Smart Chain!